Coach Cate

Coach Cate

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I am Safe In Friendly Iowa

HI,
I arrived in the beautiful state of Iowa, yesterday.
I spoke at the West Lake Middle School in the morning.  I stayed the night before with my new friend Virgie, who is a PE teacher at this school.  She is also the Nebraska AAHPERD Treasurer.  On Sunday, I also go to meet her sister, brother-in-law and her nieces and nephew.  It was a very nice way to end my visit through the Corn husker state.

Yes I did enter my 6th state and it is a hilly state.  If you think Iowa is flat;  it is not in the part that I am riding through.  In fact, I started to climb more hills once I was near the Lincoln, NE area.
Today I cycled at least 36 hills.  I decided to count them.

This morning I spoke at the Riverside Middle School;  home to about 200 students.  It is in the awesome town of Carson, Iowa.  I camped in their city park last night;  right near their rodeo arena.

Even though I have only been in Iowa for a little over 24 hours;  I have to say that this state is so very friendly!

1 comment:

  1. Friendly Midwesterners! Yeah....I can't wait to hear about your visits to schools. I am curious to find out what questions the children have for you about your travels.

    ReplyDelete