Coach Cate

Coach Cate

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Zero Day In Nebraska

Yesterday I rode about 20 miles to get to Raymond, NE.  The sun was out, but it was another windy day.  The winds were coming from the north/northwest.  These are the cooler winds, as the winds coming from the south/southwest are usually warmer.

I arrived at my friend's Mary and Dan's house later on in the afternoon.  They live on a small farm, with two horses.  It was so nice to see familiar faces, even though I just met them a few days ago.
After Mary got home from work, we went into the Capital City of Lincoln for a nice dinner right across from their train station.  The area that we dined in, is not far from the University of Nebraska.  It is a very cool section of the city, with many nice shops and places to eat.  There were many motorcyclists there, as they meet downtown, every now and then.
I am being bestowed with much love from my new friends and I am so grateful for this.
I often wonder, how I can give back the love that so many people have given me.  I am just amazed and touched by everyone who has helped me.  I feel very blessed.

I am taking a zero day;  as referred to on the Appalachian Trail.  This is a day, when I will not exercise to make my way east.  I am catching up on things;  such as my blog(still trying to figure why I can't upload photos), laundry, thank you notes and my journal.  I will also go for a walk around the neighborhood.  I have been putting in a lot of miles lately and needed time to just reflect on all of the good things that have been coming my way.

Thanks everyone!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are so fortunate to meet such welcoming and generous people. I'm so glad to hear that you were able to rest along the way.
    Take care,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete