Coach Cate

Coach Cate

Sunday, January 30, 2011

The California Zephyr

Wednesday January 26, 2011
I left Chicago at 2:00pm sharp.  I was ready for this two and half day journey that would take me through the plains of the midwest, the Rocky Mountains and the Sierra Mountains of the west.  We would then proceed down into the Sacramento Valley and end in the Bay Area of California.
I had never been on this train route before, so I was very excited to especially go through the mountain passes.  I had been through these passes before by car.  Many times the train goes places cars do not.  This would be the case when we would be going up and down the mountain sides.
On the Zephyr, there is an observation car with windows all around.
Courtney and I have been on trains in Switzerland through the Alps.  Those train cars also have observation cars.  It was breath taking then and I know my ride will be breath taking both today and tomorrow.
The California Zephyr
My seat on the train
Today I passed through Iowa, Nebraska.  Sometime in the early morning, I would arrive in the Rocky Mountain State of Colorado.

No comments:

Post a Comment