Coach Cate

Coach Cate

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Delaware and Once Again Pennsylvania

I rode up the coast of Delaware;  on some very country roads.
The threat of rain upon me almost everyday.
I did get wet here and there, but it was not too bad.

The suburbs of Wilmington were my next destination.  It reminded me of back home in the suburbs of Boston.  Lots of trees and windy roads.

I then rode up to the suburbs of Philadelphia.  Again, very similar to where I live.
I camped for many nights in a row.

On Sunday, I stayed in a mansion in Fairmont Park in Philadelphia.  This is where one of the youth hostels are located.  What a great building.  I met many other travelers here;  including River Guide, who is hiking on the AT.

I spoke to a couple of school in southeast Philadelphia.  I then went to the Reading Terminal Market to have a pretzel.  It was very good!  I had heard about how good these pretzels where.  In 2004, on our ballpark tour, Courtney and I went to try them.  The market was not open the day we were touring the city.  Seven years later, I made sure to stop by to sample them.  It was worth the wait.

I enjoyed cycling in the city, with my tour guide Steve Taylor.  He is with the Bicycle Coalition of Philadelphia.  Thanks Steve!

No comments:

Post a Comment