Coach Cate

Coach Cate

Friday, June 24, 2011

I am Home!

Hi,
I did officially complete my trip on Saturday!
I thank Avery, Courtney G., Janice, Tammy, Susan, Wendy, Jean, Michelle, Pam, Denise for all walking with me to LS.  I want to thank Maria, Barry, Chris, Mel, Diane, Donna, Jacob, Mr. Kramer, Chris for all being there when we arrived at LS.
Thanks to Courtney D. for both walking with me and riding in with me to Boston Harbor.
I appreciate everyone's support of this journey that I took.  It was a team effort!!!
Courtney was riding fast at some points of our journey east that day.  I was taking my time - reflecting on all of the miles I had put in so far.  I could tell that I did not want the journey to end.  It was such a wonderful and amazing experience!!!!  Why would I want it to end???
I already have started to plan my next trip.  I have to.  This is who I am.
My next trip will be hiking the Appalachian Trail all at once.  I learned a lot from this trip and I will use that knowledge for this next journey.
Thanks to my brother Pete for our ride home from Newton.
I came home to a wonderful party in my neighborhood that evening.  The Pine Lakes - The Birchwood Avenue Gang.  Thanks to Lana, Paul, Sophia and Will for putting on a great party!!!
I will continue on as 'Coach Cate' and spread the message of healthy living to all those that I encounter.
One of my missions was to Exercise Across America - which I did.  Another was to touch as many lives as I could - I feel that I did this to.  The most amazing part of my trip though was how others touched my life. Each and everyday this happened!!!  It was truly amazing and I want to do it again! And again!!! Love to you all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment