Coach Cate

Coach Cate

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Crossing over to New Mexico

Friday March 4, 2011

I was camping just a mile from the New Mexico border and didn't even know it.
Today would be another high mileage day;  mostly with tailwinds again!
Not only did I cross over a state line today, I also crossed over the Continental Divide!
I did not find a good place to camp and it was getting late.  I would have to find one quick.
Earlier during the day, I had seen a few Border Patrol trucks.
I was not too far away from the Mexican border.
Unfortunately, there are having many problems in the area.
I did find a place to camp.  Not the best place.
I rode over 65+ miles today.  Two high mileage days in a row.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Coach Cate!! I'd love to be in touch with you. I'm a fifth grade teacher in Seattle who did a similar bike trip through the Deep South in 2007. I posted a blog as well: http://marciaventura.blogspot.com

    Good luck!! Looking forward to sharing your blog with my students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool to cross a continental divide. Great to see the photos.

    ReplyDelete