Coach Cate

Coach Cate

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Thanks Colorado - Almost to Nebraska!!

Hi,
I am finally at a computer again to update you on my happenings!!
I am in Sterling, Colorado presently.  I am in their library;  using their computer.
For the first time ever, I am in a library that has a flat screen T.V.  on the wall with the news on.  Wow!!

Well today, I woke up in the tall grasses with a few cows across the fence.  I camped last night just off Route 14 in Colorado after cycling over 60 miles yesterday.  The clouds were amazing all day and I could see forever.

I am almost in Nebraska.  Maybe about 60 miles away.  It will be my 5th state to travel to.

My recap of Colorado..... I started off in Colorado at about 7,500 feet in elevation.  I went up to about 9,500 feet one morning.  I had a 5 mile ascent up the pass. This was after sleeping up in the mountains with snow around me and some snow falling when I woke up.  It was cold and  windy that night.

During my stay here in Colorado;  I have been through the towns of San Luis, Fort Garland, Walsenburg, Colorado City, Pueblo, Black Forest, Frank Town, Parker, Aurora, Denver, Evans, Greeley, Gill, Stoneham and now Sterling.  I have a few more towns to go.

I spoke with many students in the Denver area.  I would have liked to have visited more schools, but a lot of schools are on spring break at this time.

I have again met so many wonderful people along my way.  It is amazing how many people have wanted to help me out.

Some of these people are Joan and Bob in Pueblo,  Angie in Black Forest, Patricia in Aurora, Kathleen and Alexis in Denver.

I have had trouble uploading my photos.  So I hope to be able to post those soon.

Even though I have encountered many climbs up mountains, strong winds and some flats - I am still finding the hardest part of my trip is to leave the people that I have made strong connections with in such a short period of time.

Thanks to all of you who have made my visit to Colorado a memorable one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment