Coach Cate

Coach Cate

Saturday, March 12, 2011

What a Beautiful and Peaceful Ride I had Today!

Sunday March 6, 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed today's ride!!!
It reminded me of many of my Sunday rides back home.
I woke up hearing the cows in the distance at the neighboring farms, where I have camped for the night.
After not so many miles, I arrived in the small town of Hatch;  which is the chile capital of the United States.
I had a healthy snack of granola and yogurt from one of the small markets in town.
I walked among the many places that sell dried chiles.
I then headed north.  I would be heading north now, until I reach Denver in a couple of weeks.
It was a nice sunny day and I so enjoyed my ride out of Hatch and through some small towns like Gilbert and Cabello before I arrived in the somewhat famous town of Truth and Consequences;  which is named after the game show of that name.
The afternoon's ride took me past pecan groves, cotton and chile fields.  I also saw sandhill cranes, snow geese and white pelicans this day.  I love birds and to see all three of these species in one day, was very special to me.
I also encountered some head and side winds toward the end of the day.  I experienced a few minor dust storm gusts.
I camped for the nights at the Elephant Butte State Park which is not far from Truth or Consequences.
I met Bob, one of the campground hosts who was very friendly and helpful.
It was nice to camp there, as I had a view of the mountains and lake.
I took a shower(which I had not had one in quite a few days), washed some clothes and was able to charge my phone.  I was a happy camper!!!





















1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love the photos! Interesting that a town is named after a game show. I hope you sampled some chilis :-)

    ReplyDelete