Coach Cate

Coach Cate

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Heavy Winds!

Monday March 7, 2011

I woke up from my sheltered area, that I slept in for the night and was thinking that I might just to hang out there for the day.  I could catch up on my writing and blogging.  It was a nice view and a cool place to hang out.  Also, I had heard from Bob, that it was going to be a windy day.
It was not windy in the morning and I was trying to make it to Albuquerque by Wednesday.  I packed up and moved on.
I had another high mileage day and it was windy most of the day.  In fact;  there were some very strong winds, mostly coming from the southwest.  This helped me sometimes, but not all day.
I went through some canyons, so I had some steep hills to climb.  I was riding in very remote areas, part of this day.
At the end of the day, I went through a wildlife refuge.
I arrived in a small town hungry and thirsty.
There was a small store, so I fueled up.





I then went north for a couple miles and found a place to camp near a raven, overlooking some farmlands.

No comments:

Post a Comment