Coach Cate

Coach Cate

Monday, February 14, 2011

50 Miles on Interstate 10

View from my tent

Packing up in the morning
Sunday February 13, 2011

Today I got up early, because I knew that I would be on the interstate most of the day.  I figured that Sunday morning traffic would not be too bad.  It seemed like there was more traffic that Saturday afternoon.
I did 35 miles before I took a break.  This was all before 12:00.
I stopped at a rest area and met many people.
Jody was on her way to see her son and Sally from Northern Cal. stopped by to chat.  I then met a wonderful man named Jilian.  I asked him if I could charge my phone and he helped me with this. After awhile I knew that he lived in Blythe and I asked him if he had any connections with schools in Blythe.  He said that his wife Melissa was a student teacher at a school in Quartzite, and that he would have her call me later on about visiting her school. 
Blythe was my final stop of the day!
I would look for a grocery store and a motel.  I was only 3 miles from Arizona and a different time zone!
Coach Cate at a rest area

Jilian from Blythe

Small California Town

California Waterway

No comments:

Post a Comment