Coach Cate

Coach Cate

Thursday, February 10, 2011

On To Palm Springs

Sundance Elementary School
Wednesday February 9, 2011

Today I was headed to Palm Springs.
I am sure I had heard about the Santa Ana winds before.  Well for a few days on my journey, I have experienced them full force.  Again they were mostly head winds.  Even though this is a harder, I prefer them to the side winds that can blow you over.
I was on a path today that paralleled Interstate 10 most of the way.
It was nice to look at the snow covered mountains along my journey.
It was a cooler day than most.  I had to break out my gloves in the early morning.
Shortly before reaching Palm Springs;  I met up with Petty Officer 2nd Class Thomas Trujillo on his 'One Soldier's Dream' Journey across America.  Keep it going soldier!!
I then got into Palm Springs at about 4:00.  This was an early day for me.
I did not have a place to stay with someone, but my new friends Millie and Vivian helped me out.  Thanks girls!!!

Windy day on my bicycle

The Wild West

Rode on this road for close to 9 miles

One Soldier's Dream Journey - 2nd Class Petty Officer Thomas Trujillo

Palm Springs, California

No comments:

Post a Comment