Coach Cate

Coach Cate

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Waking up in Santa Barbara

Beautiful Santa Barbara, California
Monday January 31, 2011
What a beautiful place to wake up to.
I have been here quite a few times now.
Some people have asked why I choose to start here and I simply say, because it is one of the most beautiful places on earth.
After breakfast, I put my bike together and loaded my trailer.
Today I was going to have lunch with Barbara Keynai, Coordinator of Administrative Services and Communications for the Santa Barbara School System and then I would travel up to the middle school that I would take off from the following day:  La Cumbre Junior High School, Home of the Lancers.
I received a beautiful tour from their principal, Ms. Jo Ann Caines.
Later on that evening I was walking around the downtown of Santa Barbara and came upon some glitz and glamour at the Santa Barbara Film Festival.  There was a tribute that night for Geoffrey Rush and a gentleman handed me a ticket to attend the event.  I went in and enjoyed the theater and the tribute.
Time now to go to bed.
I would be walking the next morning and officially starting my "Let's Get Moving America"  Journey and my mission to 'Make America Fit, One Person At A Time."
It would finally be happening!
Barbara and Coach Cate
La Cumbre Junior High - Santa Barbara, CA

Physical Education Class - La Cumbre Junior High

No comments:

Post a Comment