Coach Cate

Coach Cate

Friday, February 4, 2011

Malibu and Santa Monica

Highway 101- Pacific Coast
Wednesday February 2, 2011

Today I would ride through Malibu and then into Santa Monica.
It was another day of amazing vistas from the seat of my bike.
I encountered strong head and side winds from the start.
In fact, I would contend with them all day long.
Double workout for me.
At one point, I had to straddle my bike and walk.  My trailer actually lifted off of the ground.
I saw the Santa Monica Pier in the distance during the late afternoon. A familiar site as I have travelled this route before.
 I cycled about 55 miles total on this day.
I would stay at the Youth Hostel, which is just a couple blocks from the beach.
From this point;  I would head east.  That would not be for a couple of days though.
I had a lot of exciting things to do before then.
Malibu, California
Ventura, California
Santa Monica Pier, California

No comments:

Post a Comment