Coach Cate

Coach Cate

Friday, February 4, 2011

Surfing at Venice Beach and then Working Out with Richard Simmons!!!

Richard Simmons and Coach Cate
Thursday February 3, 2011
I was pumped for today.
I first rode on the bike path that goes along the beach.
I wanted to see what the surf was like and if I could get a lesson in the early afternoon.
Along my way, I met Jean the Hooper.  She was out in the sand Hoop'in it up and I had to go talk with her.
We hit it off right away. She is an awesome person, which a lot of great spirit She can hula hoop for an amazingly long time and is another person that I have met that is on the team to make America Healthy again.
Keep Hoop'in Jean.
My surf lesson was Peter and he was such a great teacher.  I have boogie boarded before, but I never surfed.
The weather could have been a lot warmer for me, but I went for it anyway. 
I got up a few times and tumbled with the surf a lot of times.  It was fun and I look forward to doing it again when it is much warmer weather.
I then cycled to the Slimmons Workout studio in Beverly Hills.
I was so excited to meet Richard Simmons, who has been another inspiration to me.  It was an incredible experience.  All of the people who help Richard are amazing too!!! Thanks Anne, Kathy, Michelle, Dana, Sherry, Ellen and Richard!!!!
I went out to dinner with Anne and Kathy after the session.  Thanks and I love all of you!!!

Route 66  - Santa Monica Pier

Working out at the beach - Santa Monica
Jean Hooper - Venice Beach
Coach Cate and her Surfing Instructor Peter - Venice Beach
Slimmons Studio - Where I worked out with Richard Simmons 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Cate,

    This sounds like a amazing day! Surfing, Jean the Hooper, and Richard Simmons all in the same day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so enjoy looking at the photos. What an exciting adventure. Take care, have fun, keep moving!
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete