Coach Cate

Coach Cate

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Surprise, Arizona

Miles and Miles of Arizona Desert
Wednesday February 16, 2011

Today would be another 50 mile plus day.
I knew that I would be on the interstate for a brief period of time.  The first 10 miles, I did not have to be on it as there was a secondary road that I could ride on.
After those 10 miles, I then had to continue on I-10 for about 12 miles.
At close to 12:30, I was off of the freeway!!!!!
I stopped at a grocery store for some lunch, did some reading and off I was to Surprise.
Surprise is the community that my cousin Jennifer and her husband Paul live in.
I would be staying with them for the night and a few nights after that.
Jennifer and I grew up together in the town of Woodbourne, New York.
It had been a few years, since I had seen them.  I was excited to catch up with them.
I rode through some farm land to get to their community;  which is a very well planned out retirement community Northwest of Phoenix.


Heading to Phoenix

Farm land on my way to Surprise
I would be staying in their casita.  It is very nice and cozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment