Coach Cate

Coach Cate

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Back on the Train to Santa Barbara - My Starting Point

Coastliner to Santa Barbara
Sunday January 30, 2011

I was back at Jack London Square, to take my last train for awhile.
I was going to be on the Coastliner for this journey.  I had been on this route many years ago.
I was looking forward to going through farmland, coastal mountains and seeing some very amazing ocean views.
Arriving in Santa Barbara put into the reality, that I was almost finally on my way.
I arrived later than anticipated due to delays, because of track repair.
It was a beautiful night when I arrived.
Luckily the youth hostel that I was staying at was right across the tracks.
I went in and was shown my bed.
Tomorrow I already knew was going to be filled with putting my bike together, meeting with the school I would take off from, oh and yes a bike ride near the ocean.  I couldn't wait!!!
Santa Barbara Tourist Hostel - Right across the tracks from Train Station

Dorm Room - Youth Hostel
Front room - Santa Barbara Youth Hostel

No comments:

Post a Comment