Coach Cate

Coach Cate

Friday, February 4, 2011

Send Off From La Cumbre Junior High School

La Cumbre Junior School - Santa Barbara, California
Tuesday February 1st
Today was the day. 
This is the day I would start a journey that I would never forget.  I knew that I would be experiencing things that I have often dreamed of forso long.  My dreams would soon be coming true.
I was so ready for this.  I was ready to meet all of the amazing people that I knew that I would meet along the way, the beautiful landscapes and scenery that I would take in and the touching moments that would fill my heart over the brim.
I woke up early to try to skype to Cougar Pride back home, but technology was not cooperating.
Meanwhile they were getting yet another snowstorm back in Snowbury.
I got to spend time with dedicated professionals that morning from both CAHPERED and the Santa Barbara School District. Amazing people that I feel so honored to have met.
At about 11:00, I had the honor to speak with over 100 Junior High students and then exercise with them.  We did a tribute to one of my role models, Jack LaLanne.  We all did 51 Jumping Jacks in his honor.  His memorial service was that day down in Southern California.
I then ran a lap with the students and then I cycled once around the track.
Thanks for all of the high fives La Cumbre Junior High.  You are an awesome school and I look forward to someday coming back to visit.
It was an unbelievable send off.
Love to you all!!!
Santa Barbara Bike Trail
Santa Barbara Harbor

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a neat way to begin your 5300 mile trek. Kudos to the La Cumbre middle schoolers and your CA friends for such an inspiring send-off! Enjoy the journey.

    Your Snowbury Friend,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete