Coach Cate

Coach Cate

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Head winds the whole way!!!

Sunrise from my tent
Saturday February 26, 2011

Today, I got up early to start my ride as there was some inclement weather heading my way.  There were threats of strong winds and a possible sandstorm.

I packed up quickly and I was on my way.
The winds had already started;  I noticed the head winds right away.
Today would be a good workout on my bike.
After yesterday's ride of 70 plus;  I would have to bear down and ride hard to get to Tuscon.

I rode and I rode and I rode.  I did take a few fuel breaks, which also rested my legs for a bit.
The winds continued my whole ride.  In fact, they started to get stronger as I approached the city limits.
I even experienced tumbleweed going across the road in front of me at one point.  I knew that I could see almost everything on a bike.

State Park Campground

Another awesome day in Arizona

I was glad it was not raining!

Rest stop for fuel and for my legs

Lots of Cowgirls and Cowboys in this part of the United States

A Cotton Field in Arizona

A little Rodeo

Tumbleweed on a Windy Day

Not a Rattlesnake, but I will be on the lookout for them now!

Tuscon, Arizona

Mountains everywhere

They do get ice!

On the way to Downtown Tuscon

Paul Bunyon in Arizona

Roadrunner Hostel
Tonight I would be staying at the Roadrunner Hostel in downtown Tuscon.  The bed I occupied would be a welcome site after all of the hard riding that I did on this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment