Coach Cate

Coach Cate

Monday, February 14, 2011

6 Miles Up to the Joshua Tree Visitor Center

Joshua Tree National Park - California
Saturday February 12, 2011

I talked with some folks from British Columbia who were boondocking near me.
I asked them if it was worth it for me to go up to the visitor center on my bike.
Ted and Stella both said it would be. 
I started up with some fresh legs that morning.
It was a beautiful place to be riding.  It was a long way up though!
I arrived at the visitor center, had a snack and charged my phone.
I went down to the Cottonwood Spring Trail and did some hiking.
There was an oasis there, which was quite amazing.
I then had a 7 mile ride down to the interstate.
There was one more frontage road for 4 miles to the next exit.
I had some food here and head for the entrance ramp of the interstate.
I was not sure how this would be.
The shoulder was wide and it turned out to be o.k.
I was trying to make it to Desert Center by nightfall.
I was flying, because I was finally going slightly downhill most of the way.
It was dusk and there was nothing in Desert Center.  It was now time to find a place to pitch my tent.


Hiking at Cottonwood Springs

Oasis at Cottonwood Springs

Afternoon Hike

Coach Cate at Joshua Tree National Park

Visitor Center - Joshua Tree

Ranger Talk - Joshua Tree

Downhill for 6 miles after the 6 miles up!

On the road - Interstate 10

No comments:

Post a Comment