Coach Cate

Coach Cate

Sunday, February 6, 2011

On to Hollywood!

Santa Monica Pier
Friday February 4, 2011

Today, I would leave the Pacific Ocean and start my way east towards the Atlantic Ocean.  Here I come Boston Harbor.
I was in no rush at all to make it back to the Commonwealth.  Not just yet. I was going to take my time and enjoy everything life was going to send to me.
I checked out of the Santa Monica Youth Hostel that I had stayed out for two nights.  The Youth Hostel is two blocks for the beach and a very nice atmosphere to be in.
If you do not know what a youth hostel is, it is a place that people from all over the world go to stay at for reasonable rates and to explore interesting places in the world.
I have stayed at many youth hostels while traveling the world.
They have either dorm rooms or private/family rooms.  They have a kitchen you can use and a general meeting room that sometimes has games and books.
Some hostels will give you breakfast in the morning.  The hostels in Europe, usually serve very yummy foods.
I went to look at the Pacific Ocean one more time and then headed east toward Beverly Hills.
I had been to the hills last night, so it would be nice to see it in the day.  I went to Rodeo Drive;  which is a famous street in Beverly Hillls.
Next were the hills of Hollywood.  I went to Hollywood Bolevard and took some time there to walk around.  I went to Jack LaLanne's star and did 51 jumping jacks in his honor.
I was then headed to Pasadena.  This is one place I had not been, so it would be nice to visit somplace new.
I rode to Old Pasadena which is a very cute and quaint section of Pasadena.  There were many nice shops and places to eat.
I had cycled about 35 miles this day.
I was headed to Downey for the night.
Front Desk at Santa Monica Youth Hostel
Bunk room at Hostel
Santa Monica, California
Coach Cate in Beverly Hills
Rodeo Drive
Hollywood Hills in the background
Hollywood, California
Kodak Theatre - Hollywood
Old Pasadena, California
T.J.'s - Pasadena

No comments:

Post a Comment