Coach Cate

Coach Cate

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Desert, Desert and More Desert

Oregonians Sharon and Jim
Tuesday February 15, 2011

I had breakfast in bed - in my tent.  Did a little reading and then headed out for the day.
I knew that today's ride would be very desolate;  as there would only be two rest areas between my starting point and my ending point.
I was heading to Tonapah, AZ.
The scenery was beautiful all day long.  Cactus and mountains were my main viewing points for the day.
I had another flat and then discovered another flat on my trailer as I was slowing up to ask Sharon and Jim if they needed help.  They were on the side of the road, dealing with a trailer tire that was shredded.  We talked for quite some time.  They are from the Oregon Coast.  I had an immediate connection with them, since I went to Oregon State University.  Sharon offered me water and a Luna bar.  Thanks!!
The trucks were flying by all day long, but I did make it to my camping site for the night at about 6:00.  It was almost a full moon and a perfect night to be sleeping out the desert.
I wrote in my journal, did a little reading and went to sleep.
I rode about 50 miles again today.
Not so Healthy Choices at the rest area

Coach Cate with the Big Trucks

Ray and Terry from Illinois    

Another Flat

Another Cacti

Big Trucks Indeed!

Sunrise from my tent

The only way to cycle in these parts!

Arizona Rest Area

Add 10 to the speed of the vehicles flying by me on the Interstate

Daytime Scenery

No comments:

Post a Comment