Coach Cate

Coach Cate

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Pasadena to Anaheim

CAHPERD President Dan Latham and Coach Cate
Physical Education Workshop at Cal State Fullerton 
Saturday February 5, 2011

Today I had the opportunity to meet a bunch of Physical Education Teachers at Cal State - Fullerton.
On this morning, there was a workshop for Physical Education Professionals from the Orange County Area.
It was so nice to be among many dedicated teachers that were taking a Saturday to learn more to take back to their schools.
I had the pleasure to meet and talk with them and then we did 51 jumping jacks in honor for Jack LaLanne.
It was a great morning!
I was then dropped back off in Pasadena by Dan to make my way to Anaheim.
I went to Google Maps to print out directions for bike routes for the next 35 miles.
This gave me the chance to ride in less traffic and go through more neighborhoods.
It was a great day to be riding through the streets of Los Angeles.
I came upon a Lunar New Year festival, were I met some new friends.
Then it was time for me to take a ride on one of California's famous river trails.  These are bike trails that are right next to the many people made riverways that go from the mountains down to the low lands.
On one of the riverbeds I came to a point where I did not which way to go.  Luckily, I was able to get help from Edgar and his family.  It was so nice to chat with them.  There were going on a family bike ride.  After we talked and they helped me out with directions, I was on my way again.
After I went just a short distance, maybe a quarter of a mile;  Edgar came back my way on his bike to give me an orange.  This made my day!  Thanks Edgar!!
I continued on towards Anaheim.  I rode a little into the night on the sidewalks.
Laura came to pick me up to bring me to her house in Mission Viejo.

Speaking to Physical Education Professionals at Cal State Fullerton
Coach Cate and Physical Education Professionals
Lunar New Year Festival - Los Angeles, California
Coach Cate stopping at the Lunar New Year Festival - on my way to Anaheim
Danny and his daughter
Lemon Tree
My visit ride on a California Riverway
My new friend Edgar from Monte Vista and his family
Larry (Steelers) and Betsy (Packers) the night before the Super Bowl

No comments:

Post a Comment