Coach Cate

Coach Cate

Sunday, February 27, 2011

On to Tuscon!

Friday February 25, 2011

It was time to head south towards Tuscon.
It was again going to be sad leaving my new friends that I had made in the Phoenix area.  I would also be leaving my closet family members in the area.
I pointed my bike south and I was on my way.

It took me awhile to get out into the openness of the desert once again.
It had been a week, since I had done any real long distances on my bike.
I also had been riding without my trailer, so I had to readjust in that since too.

Today, I traveled through the Gila River Native American Reservation.
I stopped here today for some drinks.  I had stocked up on healthy snacks while in the city.

It was a very beautiful ride today.  Most of the day, I followed a frontage road that was close to Interstate 10.  There were many miles between the small towns that I rode through.

I ended up cycling over 70 miles this day.

Late morning riding




Native American Recognition for Women Veterans

Gila River Reservation Park
Gila River Reservation


Cemetery on the Reservation

Showing me the way!

More beautiful sites!!
I camped at a State Park right off of the interstate.  It was dark, as I set up my tent.

No comments:

Post a Comment