Coach Cate

Coach Cate

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Riding with Jennifer

Cycling with my cousin Jennifer
Monday February 21, 2011

Today was another day to just take it easy, although I have been writing and doing some reading.
Jennifer and I went for a bicycle ride.  I then took a ride to where Trader Joe's is to get some healthy snacks.  I also rode around the complex to see what people were doing on this beautiful day in Arizona.
Jennifer had told me about the Pickleball courts a couple days ago.  Pickleball is a paddle sport that can be played indoors or out.  It was invented in Washington State and I learned about it when I lived in Oregon.  We have since been playing at my middle school for many years.  We do not have tennis courts at my school;  so we play both Pickleball and Badminton.   Our students love both!  Now I can tell my students that Pickleball is a Lifetime Fitness Activity. as the courts were full when I rode my bike to the courts.
When I got back from riding all over, Jennifer and I walked around where the Texas Ranger/Kansas City Royals Spring Training Complex is in Surprise.  They also have a Tennis Center, Library, Park and Aquatic Center near by.
Later on that evening, Kathy came to pick me up to bring me back to the Tempe area.
Golfing in Arizona

Softball game on a beautiful sunny day

Riding around the community

Sun City Grand community

Exercise trail that we walked on

People drive their golf carts everywhere

All the Pickleball courts were filled!!!!!
It was sad to leave Jennifer and Paul.  I had such an awesome time with them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment